My Little Pie

My Little Pie

Sunday 26 August 2012

Eating everything but also going a little backward

In the past week we have pretty much started feeding Abbey everything. We figured that if her worst foods weren't causing any problems that everything should be fine. She has been sharing our dinners and eating all sorts of foods for breakfasts, snacks and lunches. We are still staying away from additives and preservatives, but we are doing that for Connor too so it isn't that difficult. Abbey is totally enjoying eating!! On Saturday morning though we noticed that she had started with green mucus filled diarrhoea. She was still happy though so we persisted with the foods thinking her stomach might just be adjusting. By Sunday afternoon, the diarrhoea was worse and the crying had started. She was pretty good overnight but this morning again she was a miserable mess. I am so thankful that i already had a chiro appointment all booked in for her. The amino acids were testing bad again. So a quick massage in the same acupressure points and she already seems lots happier! The chiro told me that she will probably need to come back one or two more times but after that she shouldn't have a problem again. 

It is just so exciting having this whole new life! We want to shout it to the world that our daughter is all better! It has been the hardest 18 months we have ever experienced but we have learned so much and i know our whole family have grown into better people from this experience. We have learned so much patience and i especially have learned how to cope with next to no sleep. If i was told that i would be dealing with this before it happened i would have said it would be impossible. I am known for loving my sleep! I remember when Connor was a baby and was already sleeping through the night at 11 weeks i used to think that God knew exactly what i needed and that is why He gave me a baby that slept so well. That theory was thrown out of the window when Abbey came along. During the sleeplessness and the screaming i learned that the only way that i could cope and the only way i could get through this rough time was by praying and relying on God to give me the strength to deal with it. And here we are now. We all managed to get through it. I still can't quite believe that it is over!! Well the nights still aren't perfect and Abbey still wakes 1-2 times but that is way better then it used to be. I have been getting a few 8hr stretches and it is amazing the difference it has made to my energy levels and mood. I feel like a new woman! Hopefully we can start teaching her now to sleep through completely. But I'm happy for now and just hoping this whole NAET thing will continue to work and Abbey will continue to be able to eat any food she wants!

I guess that this is pretty much the end of my blog. My Little Pie With FPIES no longer has FPIES :). There is no way that 6 months ago when i started it i would have known that we would find a cure. I was thinking that we would be in this for at least another 2 or 3 years. I am not complaining though! No parent wants their child to suffer with pain or to miss out on food which is such a huge part of our lifestyle. I pray that every parent with a child who has FPIES, or even other allergies will try NAET with their children. And i really hope they get the same results as we have gotten. 

I also want to take this time to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers, cards, meals, phone calls and visits, especially over the past year. They made my life just that little bit easier and helped me to smile. I am mostly thankful to God though for bringing us through this journey and answering everybody's prayer.

7 comments:

  1. Such good news Tash! So happy for you all that Abbey is feeling so much better. Guess we can never under-estimate the power of prayer! Hope Abbey continues to go well, so you can thoroughly enjoy your precious miss! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo happy to read this post Tash!! Very excited for you guys that normal life can start and you can get some SLEEP = YAY!! God certainly answers prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! Praise God for answered prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasha: My infant son has FPIES too. Is it possible for you to email me? I'd like to follow how this goes for you -- how many NAET follow up you have to do and whether it sticks etc. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, i'm sorry i can't email you as you are under anonymous but i can just quickly write it here. So far Abbey has had 3 treatments. The first time it stuck for 2 weeks and then she started reacting again and it was just over 2 weeks this time when she started having problems again. Not half as bad as she normally would though and once having the treatment it is less then 24hrs before she is better again. My chiro has said another few times and things should stick for life. We have found a few separate allergies that haven't been related to the amino acids (fish and chocolate so far) so i guess if we find more of those then she might need a few more sessions. It is so great though being able to feed her everything. I really hope you try it! :)

      Delete
  5. hi natasha. my name is naomi,I wrote on here the other day but relised it was on an older post. I have been looking around about Fpies beause my daughter of 19months has Fpies. She also as IgE to egg and milk and allergic colitis. Before we found the problem we had been in and out of hospital on tube feeding. We don't go so much now which is good. My daughter can not have any foods. We are just on medicated formula at the moment. We were doing Patch testing with foods but had to stop because she was reacting to that. I have found your blogs very interesting to read, it really reflects on what us mums and our fsamily go through and how hard we continue to find a treatment for this.Hope things start getting better for Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi, i am glad that you have found my blog but i am sorry for what you are dealing with. IgE allergies on top of FPIES is rough! Your poor little girl. It is so devastating for them not to eat food isn't it? Your daughter is the same age as Abbey and i found it so hard to refuse her foods all the time. I am so so thankful to have found this NAET treatment! If you read my latest blog entry you will see it isn't going to be the magic totally all better cure but things are so much better then what they were! I really hope that you find something for your little girl that will help her tolerate more foods. All the best xo

      Delete